Indexer in Magento2
This extension provides the functionality of re-indexing from the admin panel of the website. By default Magento 2 does not provide re-indexing functionality, it’s very hard for the admin users to do re-indexing through Command Prompts as it involves technical part and most of the admin users are not familiar with command prompt. So, this extension provides the functionality of re-indexing of the data from the admin panel of the website.
The Admin has the functionality to enable or disable this extension through the Magento backend. This extension is very easy to use and it does not require any technical skills.
This extension is useful because by default Magento doesn’t provide re-indexing functionality. Indexer extension works with all the devices including touch-based devices
- Indexer extension provides re-indexing functionality by following simple steps from the admin panel of the website.
- This extension can be used to re-index database from the admin panel.
- The re-index link is displayed on following path: System >> Tools >> Index Management>> Link. It will show below "Update on Save" option in the Dropdown Options.
- AFor re-indexing, a user will have to check “indexer” checkbox, select re-index link from the drop-down and click submit button.
- This extension provides the functionality of re-indexing in Magento 2 from the admin panel of the website.
Unzip extension and upload at app/code directory. Enter command of upgrade after upload file.